Are you looking for a new opportunity to join an experienced team with a generous sign-on bonus? SpecialtyCare is seeking a perfusionist to join their team in Houston, Texas.
This is an additional growth position to make a total a 10 perfusion team, supporting 12 surgeons. We do all adult cases to include – cabg, valves, dissections, ECMO and hipecs. We do approximately 25 ECMO per year where we initiate, maintain and terminate. In this account we do approximately 700 adult only cases per year and each perfusionist pumps approximately 100 per year.
Life in Houston, Texas
Houston, TX is a bustling city with the perfect mix of culture, sports, and award-winning cuisine. With the mild year-round temperatures, there’s plenty of outdoor activities to choose from whether it be strolling through one of the local parks, seeing a baseball game, or enjoying a meal at an outdoor restaurant. You can also check out one of the many museums such as the Texas City Museum, the Houston Museum of Natural Science, or the George Bush Presidential Library. In addition, Houston is an extremely accessible city housing two airports that fly to all major cities across the country. Come see for yourself why people love living in Houston, Texas!
Why Join the SpecialtyCare Team?
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we’d like you to grow with us. We are the industry leader in perfusion—participating in over 130,000 surgeries each year in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and support nearly 600 surgeons during open heart surgeries and other complex procedures. With SpecialtyCare, you will be able to share your acquired expertise with your colleagues and customers, all while providing safer surgery and better outcomes for your patients.
Contributing to Research and Innovation
We support our team members who have a special interest in innovation by lowering barriers to research and publishing, and take great pride in our clinicians who have advanced industry standards and guidelines in both perfusion and cardiac surgery. All of our full-time perfusionists are encouraged to attend conferences and to be active participants in their respective state perfusion societies, so we offer funds and paid time away to attend professional meetings.
Position Requirements & Valued Competencies
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team and company vision.
- Holds current certification from American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion or meets other Company requirements as a perfusionist.
- Minimum of 1 year’s experience.
- Ability to work on Call; must live within 30 minutes from the hospital.
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high-stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and employment with SpecialtyCare is at-will.