Are you looking for a new opportunity to advance your career with a great team? SpecialtyCare is seeking a Regional Travel Sterile Processing Technician to join our team in Richmond, Virginia.
Life in Richmond, Virginia
Richmond, VA is a hidden gem in the South. Lying on the banks of the James River, there are plenty of outdoor activities to take part in such as hiking, fishing, mountain biking, kayaking and white water rafting. In addition to the outdoors, Richmond offers a rich cultural scene. For the history buff, there are many historical sites and museums as well as some captivating street art. If you enjoy food and beverage, Richmond has grown over the past 10 years into a foodie hub with many new restaurants and craft beer establishments. In addition, Richmond is only a short drive to other major cities such as Williamsburg and Washington D.C. with easy access to the surrounding mountains and beach. There truly is something for everyone in the Richmond Metropolitan area.
Why Join the SpecialtyCare Team?
SpecialtyCare sterile processing teams play a vital role in the health and well-being of our patients. By tracking and sterilizing vital surgical instruments, we reduce the risk of infection, lost instruments, incomplete trays, and surgeon frustration. Our certified technicians provide the expertise, quality control, and strict regulatory compliance to keep the operating room running smoothly. Our SPM supervisors and managers are also instrumental in overseeing operations, conducting in-service training, and working with hospital administrators and staff to find and implement efficiencies that provide on-time service delivery, reduce costs, and ensure patient safety.
Position Requirements & Valued Competencies
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent, preferred.
- CRCST certification or CBSPDS certification required.
- Previous experience in sterile processing preferred but not required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge aseptic technique, sterilization techniques, infection control requirements, and a basic knowledge of medical/surgical procedure and terminology.
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Works well in a fast-paced environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Proven self-starter who works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Focused on producing quality work.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Care, Teamwork, and Improvement.
For more information, click here.