Are you looking for the opportunity to advance your career with a great team? SpecialtyCare is seeking a perfusionist for our team in Detroit, Michigan. As our footprint in the Midwest continues to expand, so does our need for skilled perfusionists.
We are looking to expand our team at DMC Harper University Hospital and Henry Ford Macomb Hospital. All candidates will be considered and encouraged to apply. We are offering a generous signing bonus for a talented individual willing to relocate. New graduates welcome!
DMC Harper University Hospital & Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
This is an exciting time to be joining our team in Detroit as the cardiac program is seeing growth and innovations. We are looking to add two new perfusionists to our already five perfusionist team. We perform approximately 450 open heart cases per year in two facilities, supporting four surgeons. Cases include CABG, combo CABG Valves, Valves, TAVR, Angiovac, and DHCA.
Life in Detroit, Michigan
Detroit is a city in the middle of a cultural and economic renaissance. The low cost of living and thriving cultural scene have made it a haven for start-ups, entrepreneurs, and anyone trying to get a leg up in life. The city is brimming with art, a nationally recognized food scene, and close proximity to outdoor recreation.
Why Join the SpecialtyCare Team?
SpecialtyCare is the largest Perfusion Provider in the United States who puts their Perfusionists first, in terms of company culture, work/life balance and opportunities for career growth. We are the industry leader in perfusion—participating in over 130,000 surgeries each year in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and support nearly 600 surgeons during open heart surgeries and other complex procedures. With SpecialtyCare, you will be able to share your acquired expertise with your colleagues and customers, all while providing safer surgery and better outcomes for your patients.
Contributing to Research and Innovation
We support our team members who have a special interest in innovation by lowering barriers to research and publishing, and take great pride in our clinicians who have advanced industry standards and guidelines in both perfusion and cardiac surgery. All of our full-time perfusionists are encouraged to attend conferences and to be active participants in their respective state perfusion societies, so we offer funds and paid time away to attend professional meetings.
Position Requirements & Valued Competencies
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. We welcome new graduates to apply!
- Ability to work on Call; must live within 30 minutes from the hospital.
- Holds current certification from the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
- New graduate perfusionists must have received certification as a certified clinical perfusionist by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion within 3 consecutive attempts following Associate’s first eligible exam, or within 2 years of the Associate’s date of hire, whichever comes first.
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
FAQ for This Position
How often will I be on call?
On-Call time is variable, rotated, and usually is estimated at about 50%.
What kinds of cases will I see?
Cases include CABG, combo CABG Valves, Valves, TAVR, Angiovac, and DHCA.
What kind of benefits will I receive?
SpecialtyCare offers many incredible benefits, including leadership opportunities, a professional development allowance, and even an allowance for a professional membership and dues.