SpecialtyCare: the market leader in ECMO Services.
ECMO Services & Support
SpecialtyCare is the market leader in perfusion, ECMO services, and patient blood management services. We perform over 130,000 procedures requiring perfusion each year. Our 500 perfusionists perform over 45,000 or 1 in 8 open-heart procedures conducted in the nation. Ninety-nine percent of responses to our customer service experience surveys say we positively contribute to the quality of care the client provides and that we are an integral part of their OR team. SpecialtyCare’s evidence-based approach focuses on clinical quality, a commitment to excellence, strict adherence to industry regulations, and continuous improvement backed by best-in-class education, training, and research. Our approach ultimately helps our clients maintain outstanding surgeon satisfaction, while focusing on improved patient outcomes and high value care.
CONNECT WITH A REPRESENTATIVE
Options for ECMO Services & Programs
When it comes to providing ECMO services, hospitals have a few different options they can consider. Some may opt to assign an internal staff member as the ECMO coordinator on an as-needed basis, while others may outsource altogether. Another option is a hybrid of internal staff and outsourced services, bringing the best of both worlds together to support patient care. Each hospital is evaluating this decision based on their staff size, budget and resources available to training and certifications. For some hospitals, assigning an internal, part-time ECMO coordinator may save money, but may put a strain on that individual, which then impacts the OR team and the overall quality of the program. A total outsource of the program may be ideal but too costly for some hospitals. Each set of circumstances is unique, and that’s where we can be an invaluable resource.
SpecialtyCare Will Align to Your ECMO Program Goals
SpecialtyCare will assess your current needs for ECMO services, whether you are starting a new program or evaluating the current program’s effectiveness and overall needs. We know that cost is always top of mind when it comes to program implementation and because SpecialtyCare is a leader in the space, we know exactly what it takes to run an ECMO program efficiently and effectively. As An outsourced provider, we are a reliable and experienced resource to help you create and implement your ECMO program, and train your staff members to provide monitoring after they have initiated ECMO services.
As a qualified outsourced provider, our staff can offer the experience to perform the following:
- Start-up assessment that includes viability of current staff, equipment needs, support staff requirements and a financial analysis.
- Developing and implementing ECMO policies and procedures
- Training a hospital’s staff on current ECMO standards of care and perfusion technology to perform monitoring services
- Providing ongoing education to the hospital’s staff to ensure continued competency
- Providing supervision to ECMO staff and ensuring proper standards of care are implemented
- Ensuring ELSO documentation and reporting requirements are met
- Maintaining proper functioning of equipment and adequate amount of supplies
- Serving as a backup to the hospital’s ECMO monitoring staff
- Overseeing initial priming, circuit changes, and discontinuation of therapy
- Ensuring the safe and proper set-up of equipment and providing troubleshooting expertise, as needed
- Maintaining current competency in pump technology
- Focusing on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients
Partner with SpecialtyCare for ECMO Services
At SpecialtyCare, our goal is to help you build an operating room and ECMO services program that runs efficiently and smoothly. Our evidence-based approach focuses on clinical quality, and a commitment to continuous improvement. If you are interested in learning more about how we can transform your ECMO program, contact us today.
Listen to Checking the Vitals
In this podcast we dive deep into the healthcare space, from the people that dedicate their lives to patient care to the companies improving patient outcomes through innovation. From well-respected surgeons and thought leaders to those on the front lines of healthcare, we’ll bring you conversations with those making a difference both in the OR and beyond. Through in-depth interviews with nurses, sterile processing technicians, clinical managers, and even healthcare technology companies and startups, we’ll discuss what’s on the horizon in the industry in regards to careers, technology, and innovation.