Passionate, driven people, dedicated to making a difference in healthcare.
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we’d like you to grow with us. We are the industry leader in perfusion—participating in over 130,000 surgeries each year in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and support nearly 600 surgeons during open-heart surgeries and other complex procedures. With SpecialtyCare, you will be able to share your acquired expertise with your colleagues and customers, all while providing safer surgery and better outcomes for your patients.
Join our amazing collaborative team!
Augusta University is looking for a staff perfusionist to join the adult cardiac perfusion team. Currently, five surgeons perform approximately 250-300 open heart procedures per year. Cases vary from simple to complex as well as standbys including TAVR, Mitraclips, and Angiovac. ECMO involvement is limited. Call is shared equally. Hospital has recently purchased all new cell saver and heart-lung machines. This will soon be complemented by new heater coolers and MPS units. Exciting changes are happening! Don’t let this opportunity pass to join a dynamic, fun team!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the heart lung machine during open heart surgery to maintain patient’s hemodynamics and physiologic parameters
- Operate ancillary life support equipment for cardiac servcies inclduing intra-aortic balloon pump, cell saver, Impella, Rotaflow, and Centrimag
- Operate, maintain, and QC point of care lab testing equipment
- Initiate and consult on cardiac ECMO patients
- Position Requirements and Preferences
- ABCP certification is required.
- Degree from an Accredited Perfusion Program.
- Georgia Clinical Perfusion license.
- Ability to work on Call; must live within 30 minutes from the hospital.
- Must be a team player!
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability
Find a Career in Perfusion with SpecialtyCare
SpecialtyCare employs the largest professional group of perfusionists in the country. Our clinicians are educated, highly trained, and experienced. In the end, everyone is certified through the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion, obtains state licensure when need be (depending on the state), and meets specific facility requirements. When it comes to jobs in perfusion, we promote the industry’s standards of care and believe patients are the number one priority.
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we would love for you to grow with us.
We currently employ over 490 clinical perfusion associates and take part in over 130,000 surgeries each year in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and assist over 850 surgeons during open heart surgeries and other complex procedures. By participating in such a large number of operations and by working with world-class surgeons, we are the industry leader in perfusion.