Passionate, driven people, dedicated to making a difference in healthcare.
Join our Ascension St. John Providence Team in Detroit, Michigan.
Join our Ascension, St. John Providence team! We are looking for experienced or new graduate perfusionists to join our team of talented perfusionists. We pump all adult cases to include CABG, valve, aortic rooy arch replace, TAVR, HIPECC and some ECMO. We pump approximately 800 cases per year and each perfusionist will pump approximately 80-100 per year. This is a really great team with wonderful surgeons.
We welcome new graduates!
Detroit is known for the world’s automotive center, but there are activities to enjoy year-round. Enjoy art galleries and museums, music festivals, beaches and professional baseball, basketball, football and hockey teams.
- Holds current certification from the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- New graduate perfusionists must have received certification as a certified clinical perfusionist by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion within 3 consecutive attempts following Associate’s first eligible exam, or within 2 years of the Associate’s date of hire, whichever comes first.
- Ability to work on Call; must live within 30 minutes from the hospital
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Respect, Teamwork, Sense of Urgency, Continuous Improvement, and Accountability.
Find a Career in Perfusion with SpecialtyCare
SpecialtyCare employs the largest professional group of perfusionists in the country. Our clinicians are educated, highly trained, and experienced. In the end, everyone is certified through the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion, obtains state licensure when need be (depending on the state), and meets specific facility requirements. When it comes to jobs in perfusion, we promote the industry’s standards of care and believe patients are the number one priority.
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we would love for you to grow with us.
We currently employ over 490 clinical perfusion associates and take part in over 130,000 surgeries each year in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and assist over 850 surgeons during open heart surgeries and other complex procedures. By participating in such a large number of operations and by working with world-class surgeons, we are the industry leader in perfusion.