Passionate, driven people, dedicated to making a difference in healthcare.
The Community Heart & Vascular team is looking for both motivated new grads along with experienced perfusionists who are looking for a unique work life combination. The Community Heart & Vascular Hospital is a special location that offers professional growth with a productive daily work environment. Our perfusionists are responsible for the full spectrum of the patient’s circulatory support in combination with our cardiac surgeon’s plan. CHVH currently supports 4 cardiac surgeons performing adult CABG’s, Valves, Aortic Reconstruction, TAVR’s, VAD’s, and ECMO. No other hospital in Central Indiana is home to more cardiovascular innovation, coordinated care, and talent than Community Heart & Vascular Hospital. The team at CHVH is dedicated to the highest quality of professional patient care while giving the candidate the opportunity to build both a successful professional and family life. With a fully staffed team, the candidate can expect daily cases that move quickly, allowing adequate time away from the hospital after completing daily assignments. You will feel valued and respected as a professional while serving your patients and surgeons with the highest quality of care in today’s medical environment.
We welcome new graduates!
Indianapolis has so much more to offer than just “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.” Like other major cities in the Midwest, Indy is experiencing a renaissance of sorts and you can be on the front end of it! Not only does it boast a booming food scene, but it is also paving a way for itself in the realms of urban cafeterias, microfarms, and pet-friendly breweries. Downtown offers summer concert venues, White River State Park, canals, and incredible sculptures to enjoy. The Indianapolis Zoo and Children’s Museum make easy weekends for families, in addition to several other museums and the War Memorial Plaza. Come experience Midwestern hospitality for yourself and see why Indy might just be the place for you!
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage
- 25 PTO Days Annually (starts accruing after 30 days of service)
- 401k Savings Plan- 50% of first 7% match
- Up to $5,250 Annual Student Loan Repayment
- $1,500 Annual Professional Development, which can be rolled over for up to 3 years (up to $4500)
- $500 annually towards professional memberships
- Outstanding training & education programs through SpecialtyCare University and leadership development programs
- Holds current certification from the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- New graduate perfusionists must have received certification as a certified clinical perfusionist by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion within 3 consecutive attempts following Associate’s first eligible exam, or within 2 years of the Associate’s date of hire, whichever comes first.
- Ability to work on Call; must live within 30 minutes from the hospital
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Care, Teamwork, and Improvement.
Find a Career in Perfusion with SpecialtyCare
SpecialtyCare employs the largest professional group of perfusionists in the country. Our clinicians are educated, highly trained, and experienced. In the end, everyone is certified through the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion, obtains state licensure when need be (depending on the state), and meets specific facility requirements. When it comes to jobs in perfusion, we promote the industry’s standards of care and believe patients are the number one priority.
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we would love for you to grow with us.
We currently employ over 490 clinical perfusion associates and take part in over 130,000 surgeries each year in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and assist over 850 surgeons during open heart surgeries and other complex procedures. By participating in such a large number of operations and by working with world-class surgeons, we are the industry leader in perfusion.