Passionate, driven people, dedicated to making a difference in healthcare.
Join our Team in Tri-Cities, Tennessee.
SpecialtyCare perfusionists have been providing clinical care in Tri-Cities for over 30 years. Our team consists of 3 perfusionists at both Holston Valley and Bristol. We perform all adult cardiac surgery procedures, except transplants and VADs. We are involved with TAVRs and several hybrid procedures where we partner with cardiology and EP, and we have minimal ECMO deployment/monitoring (5-8/year). We perform 350 cases per team each year, and we welcome both experienced perfusionists and new graduate clinicians to join our team to enjoy the benefits of working with our awesome group. We provide a float perfusionist at each hospital, which makes it an ideal location for new-grads to be trained.
We welcome new graduates!
Tennessee’s Tri-Cities are made up of Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol in the northeastern corner of the Volunteer State. While the three cities have plenty of access to gorgeous, outdoor recreational options, they each also have their own attractions that will encourage anyone to visit Ole Rocky Top! When you’re in Johnson City, stop by the Hands On! Discovery Center and grab a drink at the Yee-Haw Brewing Company. If you’re in Kingsport, check out the Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium and enjoy the links on Warriors’ Path Golf Course located in the Warriors’ Path State Park. Country music fans can visit the Birthplace of Country Music Museum in Bristol after checking out a race at the Bristol Motor Speedway & Dragway. As you can see, working in the Tri-Cities sets you up to enjoy the benefits of three gorgeous cities all at once in the Tennessee mountains! With an affordable, low cost of living, light traffic, and family-friendly environment, there is something for everyone! Within just a few hours of Nashville and Atlanta, you can experience everything these special Southern cities have to offer! Relocation assistance provided!
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance Coverage
- 25 PTO Days Annually (starts accruing after 30 days of service)
- 401k Savings Plan- 50% of first 7% match
- Up to $5,250 Annual Student Loan Repayment
- $1,500 Annual Professional Development, which can be rolled over for up to 3 years (up to $4500)
- $500 annually towards professional memberships
- Outstanding training & education programs through SpecialtyCare University and leadership development programs
- Holds current certification from the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- New graduate perfusionists must have received certification as a certified clinical perfusionist by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion within 3 consecutive attempts following Associate’s first eligible exam, or within 2 years of the Associate’s date of hire, whichever comes first.
- Ability to work on Call; must live within 30 minutes from the hospital
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional and personal values that complement the team and company vision. The following competencies are highly valued:
- Focused on clinical quality and delivering the absolute best results for patients.
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a high stress environment necessary.
- Excellent communication skills and basic computer skills are essential.
- Proven self-starter who works well independently and as a part of the OR team.
- Lives the SpecialtyCare Values – Integrity, Care, Teamwork, and Improvement.
Find a Career in Perfusion with SpecialtyCare
SpecialtyCare employs the largest professional group of perfusionists in the country. Our clinicians are educated, highly trained, and experienced. In the end, everyone is certified through the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion, obtains state licensure when need be (depending on the state), and meets specific facility requirements. When it comes to jobs in perfusion, we promote the industry’s standards of care and believe patients are the number one priority.
SpecialtyCare continues to grow and we would love for you to grow with us.
We currently employ over 490 clinical perfusion associates and take part in over 130,000 surgeries each year in 44 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We serve more than 350 hospitals and assist over 850 surgeons during open heart surgeries and other complex procedures. By participating in such a large number of operations and by working with world-class surgeons, we are the industry leader in perfusion.