Data drives improvement.
Clinical excellence is in everything we do – from our highly skilled clinicians and technicians, to our robust data that drives continuous improvement.
ACCREDITED BY THE JOINT COMMISSION
Delivering Clinical Excellence
SpecialtyCare is a trusted clinical partner to more than 1,100 hospitals across the country. We work with our partners to reduce cost, increase productivity and efficiency, and achieve the best outcomes for patients, always.
Clinical excellence is in everything we do – from our highly skilled clinicians and technicians to our robust data that drives continuous improvement. We not only want to meet the expectations of our partners, we want to exceed them, in every service line, for every procedure, for every patient.
Clinical Excellence in Perfusion
SpecialtyCare is proud to employ the largest professional group of perfusionists in the country. Our clinicians—certified through the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)—are state licensed, where applicable, and meet specific facility requirements. We deliver excellence by ensuring our associates are highly trained, experienced and ready to integrate into your OR team.
In addition, We follow best practices in perfusion and promote the industry’s standards of care by:
- Participating in our national perfusion and ATS clinical database to ensure consistency of care
- Advising on clinical practice, clinical quality, and new developments
- Keeping current through regular clinical and non-clinical competency evaluations.
We also examine age-specific clinical competencies in the following areas:
- Intra-aortic balloon
- Autologous platelet gel
- Point-of-care (POC) laboratory testing
- Ventricular assist device
- ECMO and extracorporeal carbon dioxide removal (ECCO2R)
- Venovenous bypass
Listen to Checking the Vitals
In this podcast we dive deep into the healthcare space, from the people that dedicate their lives to patient care to the companies improving patient outcomes through innovation. From well-respected surgeons and thought leaders to those on the front lines of healthcare, we’ll bring you conversations with those making a difference both in the OR and beyond. Through in-depth interviews with nurses, sterile processing technicians, clinical managers, and even healthcare technology companies and startups, we’ll discuss what’s on the horizon in the industry in regards to careers, technology, and innovation.
Clinical Excellence in Intraoperative Neuromonitoring
SpecialtyCare is an IONM clinical services provider with NIOM Training Program recognized by ABRET’s Neurodiagnostic Credentialing and Accreditation Board. We have some of the most highly trained surgical neurophysiologists in the country, all of whom are certified in Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring (CNIM). We have more Diplomates of the American Board of Neurophysiologic Monitoring (DABNM) than any other neuromonitoring service provider. And, our neurophysiologists have, on average, more than eight years of field experience.
Research and Innovation
Our clinical staff has a proven history of research and innovation in intraoperative neuromonitoring, which drives clinical excellence. We were among the first to introduce routine use of transcranial electric motor evoked potentials (tceMEP) in monitoring both spine and intracranial surgery. We also developed numerous tceMEP refinements and innovations, such as customized anesthesia protocols for optimized tceMEP recording and techniques for monitoring nerve root function during spine surgery, brachial plexus function during shoulder reconstruction, and sciatic nerve function during acetabular/pelvic surgery.
- Through empirical research and clinical trials, we have studied the influences of the most commonly used anesthetics on neurophysiologic signals and have published those findings in peer-reviewed literature. As a result of this research, we have developed tailored anesthesia protocols that meet the specific goals of the anesthesiologist without compromising the quality and power of the IONM data, thereby ensuring greater clarity and speed in the interpretation of significant neurophysiologic change.
- SpecialtyCare associates were among the first to articulate and advocate a multimodality approach to neuromonitoring, and we continue to innovate. Our clinicians were first to develop and publish findings on a spinal cord mapping technique for guiding placement of dorsal column stimulators.
- We have adapted multimodality monitoring techniques for robotic surgeries of the spine and thyroid, and are developing new mapping techniques for deep brain stimulation surgery using local field potentials to help guide stimulator placement. Many of these innovations have resulted in presentations at meetings of surgery and anesthesiology societies and publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Clinical Excellence in Sterile Processing Consulting
Having clean, sterilized and properly packaged and stored surgical equipment is essential for the surgeon and vital to the safety of the patient. Our sterile processing consultants are tenured leaders credentialed through the major certification organizations—the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Materiel Management (IAHCSMM) and the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD). They also are knowledgeable in and share best practices with your Sterile Processing Department (SPD) on:
- Sterile processing management’s role and responsibility
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Infection prevention and control
- Decontamination and cleaning
- Processing advanced surgical instrumentation
- Preparation and packaging for sterilization
- Sterilization—high temperature, low temperature, and point of use
- Sterile storage and inventory control and distribution
- Flexible gastrointestinal endoscopes
Our clinical excellence continues throughout our remaining service lines, autotransfusion, surgical assist, and minimally invasive surgical support as we promise the same highly trained associates who integrate fully into the OR. Our goal with each service is to build an operating room of excellence and be the industry standard.
NEWS ON PERFUSION
The research is there — ECMO programs are saving lives on a more frequent basis. But hospital leaders must consider what’s needed to mimic the efficacy of treatment at ECMO centers. For everything from consultation to staffing, SpecialtyCare can show...More from SpecialtyCare
SpecialtyCare continues to place an important focus on sharing our published research on the role of ECMO in the management of severely ill patients with COVID-19. During this time, we are excited to share this continuing education opportunity for perfusionists...More from SpecialtyCare